What does the Annual Software Maintenance cost?
- Annual Software Maintenance (ASM) is charged at 20% of the product sale price per year.
- Purchase of at least 1st year of ASM is required with the product purchase.
- Customers can elect to purchase 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 years ASM in advance.
- Ongoing ASM is invoiced annually in advance. Renewal invoices are sent to customers prior to ASM expiry.
- ASM that has lapsed can be reinstated. An additional 33% reinstatement fee applies to reactivate ASM.
What does the payment of the Annual Software Maintenance fee cover?
Payment of Annual Software Maintenance entitles customers:
- to request product support assistance. Support requests can be submitted by phone or email.
- to request product enhancements. The implementation of enhancements is solely at Outback Imaging's discretion.
- to request the transfer of an EzeScan licence from one PC to another (with a maximum of one licence transfer per year). A condition of transferring a licence is that the customer agrees that the software will be removed from the old PC and no longer used on that old PC. Licence transfers are granted solely at the discretion of Outback Imaging.
- to purchase upgrade modules for their existing EzeScan Software.
- to download installation media and patch updates from the support website. From time to time Outback Imaging at its discretion will post new application versions of EzeScan software on the EzeScan website.Software downloads for major version releases (e.g. version 4.3) are available from the EzeScan Installers web page at https://www.ezescan.com.au/downloads/software-downloads/ezescan-installers. Software downloads for minor version updates (e.g. patch update 4.3.63) are available from the EzeScan Patch Updates web page at https://www.ezescan.com.au/downloads/software-downloads/ezescan-patch-update.
- NOTE: No support is provided if ASM has not been renewed.
What does the Annual Software Maintenance fee not cover?
- Payment of yearly maintenance does not transfer any ownership of the intellectual property of Outback Imaging to the customer. The Intellectual Property within the EzeScan software is always 100% owned by Outback Imaging, not the customer.
- On-site assistance is not covered as part of ASM, but may be requested on a fee payment basis.
- Training is not covered as part of ASM, but may be requested on a fee payment basis.
How are support requests handled?
- Customers with ASM cover are given priority service.
- Outback Imaging will respond to all customer ASM support requests using email or phone service.
- Support cases are logged in our software case management system. The customer's support issue will be assigned a case tracking number.
- Each support case is assigned a priority number from 7 to 1 (7 being lowest, 1 being highest most urgent).
- Where possible all ASM services are provided remotely i.e. we do not have to travel to your site.
- Remote support will require the use of our www.gotomeeting.com meeting service.
What are the support helpdesk hours?
- Australia/NZ Support helpdesk hours are 8.30 am to 5pm AET, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays.
- UK/Europe Support helpdesk hours are 8.30 am to 5pm GMT, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays.
- USA/Canada Support helpdesk hours are 8.30 am to 5pm EDT, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays.
Here's how to contact Support.