You are here
There are 2 types of licenses available (production or evaluation).
- Production licenses are either Perpetual (for a single pc generated on a per named seat basis) or Concurrent (shared between an agreed number of PC's, uses a license server to manage the allocation of those licenses).
- Evaluation licenses are time bombed to expire after the expiry date.
Here's how to install your Evaluation or Production (Perpetual) license:
- Start EzeScan.
- Wait for the license warning screen to disappear.
- Use the Admin->Licensing menu option.
- Press the Import button and browse to wherever you put the license.
- Open the license. If it is okay EzeScan will ask you to exit and restart EzeScan.
- Exit EzeScan, restart EzeScan.
- This time when EzeScan starts it should say XX days left in evaluation, or if it is a production license the software will load straight without any messages.
This FAQ deals with how to load a standalone license, not a current license.
For information on the different types of production licenses please refer to the webpage http://www.ezescan.com.au/support/ezescan-license-agreement
Please Note: Customer licenses default to being Perpetual Licenses, unless Concurrent Licensing is specified on their Purchase Orders.Direct link to FAQ
To fix this problem make sure that the "Close TWAIN after scan" option is ticked on the Job Admin form (F6).Direct link to FAQ
When EzeScan starts up or whenever you select a new (i.e. uninitialised) TWAIN scanner source, EzeScan renegotiates the TWAIN settings supported with the new scanner. On some scanners this can take 2-3 seconds.Direct link to FAQ
This is because you have ticked the Force QA option on the Profiling tab of the Operator Actions form (F2) . This option works in conjunction with the 'Auto Naming' and 'Auto Profiling' options. With 'Auto Naming' ticked on, and 'Auto Profilimg' ticked on you'll need to QA (view) each page in the entire batch before profiling is activated. With 'Auto Naming' ticked on, and 'Auto Profilimg' ticked on you'll need to QA (view) each page in the document before profiling is activated.Direct link to FAQ
There are 2 possible reasons:
- The first is that you are running in document scanning mode rather than batch scanning mode. If none of the scanned pages are displayed with either a red or yellow border then you are definately in document scanning mode. You need to tick the 'Use Batch Scanning' option on the Profiling tab of the Operator Actions form (F1).
- Secondly you may have set the '% White Space For Separator' to the wrong value. A value of less than 50% (normally 10%) suggests you are using black separator pages, whilst a value of greater than 50% (normally 99.5%) suggests you are using white separator pages.
The Admin KFI option may be disabled because:
- You are running EzeScan LITE which does not support the KFI option.
- You are running EzeScan PRO, but you have not purchased the KFI option.
- Or you are in Job Button mode. Close the job button form and see whether the KFI option is now enabled on the Admin menu
The AdminUPLOAD option may be disabled because:
- You are running EzeScan LITE which does not support the UPLOAD option.
- You are running EzeScan PRO, but you have not purchased the UPLOAD option.
- Or you are in Job Button mode. Close the job button form and see whether the UPLOAD option is now enabled on the Admin menu.
The Admin ROUTING option may be disabled because:
- You are running EzeScan LITE which does not support the ROUTING option.
- You are running EzeScan PRO, but you have not purchased the ROUTING option.
- Or you are in Job Button mode. Close the job button form and see whether the ROUTING option is now enabled on the Admin menu.
When using a networked multifunction device the scan settings are set on the device itself, not in EzeScan.
EzeScan will simply import the images from where the MFD has saved them (SMB, FTP, POP3)
It is recommended to have the MFD save the images in (Multi Page) TIF format. It is much faster for EzeScan to import TIF images compared to PDF.Direct link to FAQ